Herbal Teas Workshop
October 2, 2024
Belmont House and Gardens
“Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food” – Hippocrates
One of the simplest, most accessible ways of creating herbal medicines is making tea infusions. With just a little time and intention – scented leaves, aromatic flowers and woody herbs can all combined and steeped into warm water to create infusions for wellbeing and health.
This workshop will introduce you to plants you can grow easily, by exploring the herb beds within the Belmont Kitchen Garden. If growing isn’t your thing you’ll be able to learn how to form your own kitchen cupboard tea collection.
The workshop will cover:
- Plants you can grow, harvest and use
- Ways to process herbs to keep you supplied all year
- Different medicinal uses of common and easy to purchase herbs
- How to prepare your herbs and turn them into tasty drinks
- Hands on – mixing your own tea blend to taste, before deciding on your finished blend and making a batch to take home
- Weaving magic – lets chat and share how we can get more creative with our teas.
Please note, we will spend time outside as well as in the beautiful greenhouse – so please come prepared for the weather and your comfort.
£45.00 per person.
Bookings are non-refundable.