Answers to our most frequently asked questions can be found in the information below
Frequently Asked Questions
The gardens are open daily throughout the year from 10am to 6pm or dusk if earlier.
From the 29th March, government guidance is to minimise the number of journeys you make where possible, avoiding travel at the busiest times and routes. Outdoor gatherings of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet in the grounds.
Following legal requirements, we must ask all visitors (over 16) to scan the QR code on our posters using NHS Test & Trace App. You can find a poster at the pay point.
We are busy behind the scenes getting ready to re-open the house for Thursday 1st July 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
- We ask all visitors and staff to follow the social distancing guidelines.
- It is requested that our visitors are aware of pinch points around the gardens, approaching them with care and waiting if you think you may be too close to fellow visitors.
- Behind the scenes, all the staff are working tirelessly to ensure that Belmont is safe for all our visitors. This includes additional hand sanitisation alongside other hygiene initiatives being carried out to keep our visitors and colleagues safe.
- Some of our indoor areas have been closed to ensure your safety.
- Face coverings will be required when entering all indoor locations i.e. the toilets and the greenhouse.
- Outdoor gatherings of either 6 people (the Rule of 6) or 2 households will be allowed, making it easier for friends and families to meet in the grounds.
The toilets are now open. These facilities are cleaned regularly with the following guidance. We are delighted to announce we have now achieved the ‘We’re good to go’ industry-standard mark introduced by VisitBritain. For more information please see here.
Face coverings will be required when entering all indoor locations.
The tack room is currently closed as a measure to protect yourselves and others. You can purchase your tickets by cash (no change possible) on arrival at the Gardens, at the pay point inside the Tack Room. Alternatively you can now purchase your ticket online.
CHILD (12-16YRS): £2.50
No you do not need to book a slot in advance of arriving. You can pay with cash on arrival via our honesty box or pay online if you prefer.
The tea room is currently closed.
We politely request for visitors to park sensibly with others in mind. We have an overflow carpark if the gravel area is full.
The garden map and leaflet will be available on arrival at the Gardens, you can also download it in advance via the link below. If preferred, you can take a picture of the map on arrival at the Gardens.
Yes. A face covering will be required when you enter the greenhouse.
Plants are available for purchase at the pay point outside the greenhouses. Plants are priced at £4.00 each or 3 for £10.
Dogs are welcome in the Belmont gardens as long as they are kept on a lead at all times. Trained assistance dogs are welcome inside the House. Dog litter bins are provided (Car Park area) so please pick up any waste as we have game birds and livestock grazing in the grounds.
Yes. Benches and seating are dotted about the gardens.
We politely request you take all your rubbish home with you please.
BBQs are strictly not permitted on the Belmont Estate.