Answers to our most frequently asked questions can be found in the information below
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Government updated their guidelines on the 4 November 2020 to allow gardens and open spaces in England to open to visits by members of the public. Further information can be found via this link. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-guidance-on-access-to-green-spaces
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the Trustees have made the difficult decision that Belmont house will not open for the 2020 season.
The safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff is of utmost priority hence the house must remain closed. In the meantime, we are busy behind the scenes getting ready to re-open the house for Spring 2021.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
- We ask all visitors and staff to follow the 2m social distancing guidelines.
- It is requested that our visitors are aware of pinch points around the gardens, approaching them with care and waiting if you think you may be too close to fellow visitors.
- Behind the scenes, all the staff are working tirelessly to ensure that Belmont is safe for all our visitors. This includes additional hand sanitisation alongside other hygiene initiatives being carried out to keep our visitors and colleagues safe.
- Some of our facilities and indoor areas have been closed to ensure your safety.
- We are adhering to the ‘rule of six’. Any groups larger than this will be asked to disperse unless they are visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than 6.
The toilets are now open. These facilities are cleaned regularly with the following guidance. We are delighted to announce we have now achieved the ‘We’re good to go’ industry-standard mark introduced by VisitBritain. For more information please see here.
The tack room is currently closed as a measure to protect yourselves and others. You can purchase your tickets by cash (no change possible) on arrival at the Gardens, at the pay point. Alternatively you can purchase your ticket online from the 10th June 2020 through our new garden ticket system.
CHILD (12-16YRS): £2.50
No you do not need to book a slot in advance of arriving. You can pay with cash on arrival via our honesty box or pay online if you prefer.
The gardens are open daily throughout the year from 10am to 6pm or dusk if earlier.
The tea room is currently closed.
We politely request for visitors to park sensibly with others in mind. If the car park is full on arrival please do not park elsewhere, we invite you to come back another time.
The garden map and leaflet will be available on arrival at the Gardens, you can also download it in advance via the link below. If preferred, you can take a picture of the map on arrival at the Gardens.
The greenhouse is currently closed to protect yourselves and others.
Plants are still available for purchase at the pay point outside the greenhouses. Plants are priced at £4.00 each or 3 for £10.
Dogs are welcome in the Belmont gardens as long as they are kept on a lead at all times. Trained assistance dogs are welcome inside the House. Dog litter bins are provided so please pick up any waste as we have game birds and livestock grazing in the grounds.
Yes. Benches and seating are dotted about the gardens.
We politely request you take all your rubbish home with you please.
BBQs are strictly not permitted on the Belmont Estate.